Sunday, February 8, 2009

A-Rod? More like A-Roid

I don't know why I'm surprised but it's out that A-Rod used steroids in 2003 and probably before then and after. Jose Canseco has been proven right once again. He said A-Rod used steroids and here is the news. Why doesn't anyone believe him? I know he's a joke and the most legitimate thing he's done since leaving baseball is star on VH1's the surreal life, but he's been 100% dead on about everything he has said. Everyone he has called out has been guilty. We all thought he was exaggerating when he said 80% of the players use steroids, but I'd bet that number is dead on.

This really sucks for a lot of reasons. Most notably because the best player in the sport is a fraud. Part of the reason we could ignore Bonds breaking the home run record is because we knew A-Rod would break it. But now what's the difference?

The great thing about baseball is history. Who hasn't heard stories about Mickey Mantle, Joe DiMaggio, Willie Mays, etc. Forty years from now who are we going to tell stories about? Even those not explicitly implicated we'll always have to doubt how great they truly were. And those who we know didn't use steroids will not have the MVPs, batting titles, home runs titles, etc. that they deserve and signify greatness. The biggest crime of all this is the destruction of baseball history. The Black Sox, Pete Rose, whatever else you can think of pale in comparison to the magnitude of this cheating. It will no doubt destroy the game for many fans and lead everyone to question the integrity of our so called heroes. I love baseball too much to turn my back on the sport, but they certainly do make you want to abandon it.

Isn't it time we impeach Bud Selig? The guy is a complete joke. I understand no one is jumping at the job, but anyone would be better. His incompetence is only rivaled by his negligence. He's destroying our nation's pastime with each day he is in office. The Players Union ought to be ashamed of themselves as well. They knew this was going on and did nothing. What a disgrace. Lucky for them we expect so little from them this is hardly a surprise.

As for the Yankees, what can you do? Recognizing that everyone uses steroids, you can't punish the guy. Just tell him not to do it again. Unfortunately for us fans, the last 15 years of baseball are basically meaningless. Everyone we thought was great we should erase from our memory. We'll have to wait until the next generation of players to rebuild the sport.

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

hello!,I really like your writing so so much! proportion we be in contact extra approximately your post on AOL?

I need an expert on this house to resolve my problem. Maybe that's you! Looking forward to peer you.

Feel free to surf to my blog :: making money online with clickbank

Anonymous said...

I don't even know the way I stopped up here, but I assumed this post was once good. I don't know who you're however definitely you're going to a
well-known blogger when you are not already. Cheers!

Have a look at my webpage :: latest clickbank products

Anonymous said...

Great web site you have here.. It's difficult to find high-quality writing like yours nowadays. I seriously appreciate individuals like you! Take care!!

Here is my blog ... günstige kredite Ohne Schufa

Anonymous said...

Great web site you have here.. It's difficult to find high-quality writing like yours nowadays. I seriously appreciate individuals like you! Take care!!

my web page; günstige kredite Ohne Schufa

Anonymous said...

Hi, I desire to subscribe for this weblog to get hottest updates, so where can i do it please help.


Feel free to visit my blog exotic vacations

Anonymous said...

I pay a quick visit day-to-day a few blogs and websites to read
content, but this webpage presents feature based writing.



my weblog ... private consolidation student loans

Anonymous said...

I comment when I like a article on a website or if
I have something to valuable to contribute to the discussion.

It is caused by the fire communicated in the post I read. And on
this article "A-Rod? More like A-Roid". I was excited
enough to post a thought :-) I do have some questions for you if you
do not mind. Could it be simply me or does it give the impression
like a few of these comments appear like they are coming from brain dead folks?
:-P And, if you are writing on additional social sites,
I would like to keep up with you. Would you list all of all your shared pages like your twitter
feed, Facebook page or linkedin profile?

Also visit my web-site hosting cheap reseller

Anonymous said...

I love your blog.. very nice colors & theme. Did you create this website yourself or did you
hire someone to do it for you? Plz respond as I'm looking to construct my own blog and would like to find out where u got this from. thanks

Also visit my web page :: how to buy a house when you have bad credit

Anonymous said...

I've been exploring for a little bit for any high quality articles or blog posts on this kind of space . Exploring in Yahoo I finally stumbled upon this web site. Studying this info So i am happy to convey that I have a very good uncanny feeling I found out just what I needed. I such a lot undoubtedly will make certain to do not overlook this web site and provides it a glance regularly.

Here is my webpage; search engine optimisation consultant

Anonymous said...

Hello to every , because I am actually keen of reading this weblog's post to be updated regularly. It includes pleasant stuff.

my weblog; online jobs for moms

Anonymous said...

hello there and thank you for your info – I've definitely picked up anything new from right here. I did however expertise several technical points using this web site, since I experienced to reload the website a lot of times previous to I could get it to load properly. I had been wondering if your web hosting is OK? Not that I am complaining, but sluggish loading instances times will sometimes affect your placement in google and can damage your quality score if advertising and marketing with Adwords. Anyway I am adding this RSS to my e-mail and could look out for a lot more of your respective fascinating content. Ensure that you update this again soon.

My web site business ideas for entrepreneur

Anonymous said...

My brother suggested I might like this website. He was once totally right.
This put up actually made my day. You can not consider just how much time I had spent for this info!
Thank you!

Look into my blog post: krankenkasse tarife

Anonymous said...

Paragraph writing is also a excitement, if you be acquainted with
then you can write if not it is difficult to write.


Here is my homepage ecommerce search engine optimization

Anonymous said...

I do not know if it's just me or if perhaps everyone else encountering problems with your website. It seems like some of the text in your posts are running off the screen. Can someone else please comment and let me know if this is happening to them too? This might be a problem with my web browser because I've had this happen before.
Kudos

Feel free to surf to my site :: Resellers hosting

Anonymous said...

I think this is among the most important information for me.
And i'm glad reading your article. But wanna remark on few general things, The web site style is great, the articles is really great : D. Good job, cheers

my webpage; trips

Anonymous said...

Do you have a spam problem on this blog; I also am a blogger, and I
was wondering your situation; we have developed some nice
procedures and we are looking to swap methods with others, please shoot me an email
if interested.

Here is my homepage :: free unlimited web hosting

Anonymous said...

Yesterday, while I was at work, my sister stole my iphone and tested
to see if it can survive a 30 foot drop, just so she can
be a youtube sensation. My iPad is now broken and she has
83 views. I know this is entirely off topic but I
had to share it with someone!

my weblog ... beiträge zur privaten krankenversicherung

Anonymous said...

Yes! Finally something about krankenversicherung student.



Also visit my weblog :: private krankenversicherung kosten pro monat

Anonymous said...

Hello to all, the contents present at this web site are truly remarkable
for people knowledge, well, keep up the good work fellows.


Review my blog applying for a private student loan

Anonymous said...

Hello, I just like the post

Also visit my web page - outlet sportbekleidung online